*responsible resourcing *eco-friendly cleaning & products *water & energy efficient practices
At Hotel Solamar, environmental sustainability goes hand-in-hand with luxurious comfort and exceptional hospitality. Our commitment to eco friendly practices is united with our commitment to the pleasure and wellbeing of all our guests.
Hotel Solamar happily meets the EarthCare standard of all Kimpton Hotels. We are the proud recipient of the 2006 National GeoTourism Award presented by National Geographic Traveler and the Travel Industry Association of America (TIA). This award celebrates our standing as a superb eco friendly luxury hotel where service is not sacrificed in the realization of our social and ecological ideals.
Hotel Solamar, the sparkling embodiment of sun and sea, consciously reflects and works to protect our environment. Our pioneering EarthCare program is as exceptional as our luxury hotel, placing us at the forefront of San Diego eco friendly hotels. A participant in the California EPA Green Lodging Program, Hotel Solamar incorporates sustainable practices at every level of our operations. Our comprehensive eco friendly actions and amenities include:
- Toiletries made from natural ingredients by earth-friendly manufacturers
- Organic snack and beverage options in our in-room honor bars
- Organic and/or fair-trade coffee and tea
- Ceramic mugs available to minimize use of paper cups
- In-room recycling bins make guestroom recycling both convenient and stylish
- Rooms and linens cleaned with eco-certified cleaning supplies
- Guest and employee dry-cleaning service uses eco-friendly methods and products
- Towel and linen reuse program helps dramatically reduce water and energy use
- Effective low-flow toilets, showers and faucets reduce water consumption throughout the hotel and are regularly audited to retain peak performance
- Efficient lighting fixtures reduce energy consumption throughout the hotel
- Comprehensive recycling program for cups, clothes hangers, batteries and more
- Donation of unused and partially used amenities to community programs
- Paperless guest check-in/out service significantly reduces hotel paper use
- Hotel Solamar Best Practices Program rewards guests who drive hybrid vehicles by providing discounted parking prices at the hotel
You must be logged in to post a comment.