Bencotto Italian Kitchen to Host Inaugural Pasta Exhibition
Date(s) - 09/13/2016 - 09/24/2016
11:30 am - 9:30 pm
Explore the Largest Menu of Handcrafted Pastas in San Diego from September 13-24th
Bencotto Italian Kitchen (Bencotto) announced details today about its first-ever Pasta Exhibition. Starting Tuesday, September 13th until Saturday, September 24th, Bencotto will offer 10 limited-time only pastas and sauces in addition to its mainstay selections representing the tastes, textures and flavors of Northern Italy.
Bencotto is known for producing and serving the largest and most authentic selection of handcrafted pastas in the United States. It was also the first restaurant in San Diego to earn international accolades with a best in class ‘Q’ rating for authentic Italian Quality Dining.
“Everyone knows spaghetti, penne and angel hair, but the world of pasta is unlimited and often hidden, especially outside of Italy,” said co-owner Valentina Di Pietro. “Since we opened six years ago, we have created more than 300 different pasta recipes and more than 67 different kinds of fresh pasta. The main purpose of this exhibition is to highlight the exceptionality of Bencotto. The offerings will showcase a spectacular variety of shapes, sizes and colors, combined in recipes rarely found in San Diego. ”
Over the span of two weeks, the Milanese-owned eatery, which handcrafts 800 pounds of fresh pasta a week, will feature a selection of shapes that include long, short, flat, tubular and filled pastas. The colorful palette – with hues ranging from red, yellow, and saffron, to green, brown, and even white and black pastas – will be presented tableside where guests can place an order for their favored option. This event series will be meticulously overviewed by Chef Fabrizio, a Modena native, who grew up making pasta from the age of 7, to ensure the very best quality imaginable.
Menu choices will include:
- Yellow ReginelleZafferano: Large Saffron Wavy Fettuccine, Zucchini and Shrimp Bisque;
- Chocolate Straccial Cacao: Soft Chocolate Pasta Ribbons, Parmesan Sauce, Zucchini Blossom and Gorgonzola;
- Green Tagliatelle Spinaci: Spinach Tagliatelle, Cheese, Sausage and Mushroom Sauce;
- Red Penneal Pomodoro: Tomato Penne, Salmon and Vodka Sauce;
- Black Tagliatelle Nere: Black Squid Ink Tagliatelle and Spicy Shrimp Bisque;
- Brown Tagliatelle al Porcini: Porcini Mushroom Tagliatelle and Lamb Sauce;
- Amaranth Gnocchi di Barbabietola: Beet Gnocchi, Gorgonzola Sauce and Poppy Seeds;
- Black Gnocchi Neri classici: Black Squid Ink Gnocchi and Shrimp Bisque;
- Tortellidi Zucca classici: Pumpkin Tortelloni, Bacon and Cheese Sauce; and
- Ravioli Granchio classici: Crab Large Ravioli, Caviar and Shrimp Bisque.
The restaurant is located in the heart of Little Italy at 750 Fir Street, San Diego, CA 92101. For more information, call 619.450.4786 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.