26th Living Legacy Awards
Women’s International Center will be celebrating its 26th Annual Living Legacy Awards this Saturday, January 15th, 2011 at the Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace & Justice at the University of San Diego Campus. WIC will recognize and honor the memory of leader and founder of the Special Olympics, Eunice Shriver, with a tribute to the legendary Lena Horne and actress, Margaret O’Brien.
The organization, founded by Gloria Lane in 1982, has a steadfast mission; acknowledging, honoring, encouraging and educating women. Over the years, the non-profit has honored a variety of incredible women with diverse qualities positively impacting the world around them. This year’s honorees are no different.
Giving Scene SD will be present at the event for coverage so look for photo updates next week!
- Dilkhwaz Ahmed, Founder License to Freedom, Domestic Abuse Relief
- Christine Brady, Founder Americas Foundation, Fundacion de las Americas
- Alison Arngrim Hollywood Legend “Nelly,” Author, Activist
- Natalie Cole, Legendary Recording Artist
- Chancellor Marye Anne Fox, Chemist decisive in the development of Solar Energy Panels
- Kathryn Marie Arger, Gang Pioneer of Women in Aviation
- Mary Hill, History Changing Advocate for Women in Sports and Drug AbusePrevention
- Jackée Harry, Iconic Actress and Philanthropist
- Jerry Maren, Legendary actor inspiring Millions as Lollipop Kid in Wizard of Oz
Details of the Event:
Co-Chairs: Sally B. Thornton & Marianne McDonald
Date: Saturday, January 15, 2011
4 pm – 6pm: Hors d’Oeuvres & Desserts, Silent Auction, Photos
6 pm – 8 pm: Awards Ceremony
Location: Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace and Justice | University of San Diego Campus (map)
Purchase Tickets to the Living Legacy Awards Online HERE
$150.00/Honorary Committee Member (includes Living Legacy Awards)
For additional information about the organization and event, visit their website at wic.org.