Here is a delightful crunchy recipe perfect for the warm weekend from our friends at Vegetarian Times.
Sugar Snaps & Snow Peas Stir Fry
30 minutes or fewer
- 1 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbs. toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- ¼ tsp chile-garlic sauce, such as sambal oelek, optional
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 medium red onion, halved, cut into wedges, and pulled apart (1 ½ cups)
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced (1 ½ cups)
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 1 Tbs. grated fresh ginger
- 8 oz. sugar snap peas
- 8 oz. snow pea pods
- 8 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
1. Whisk together soy sauce, sesame oil, cornstarch, chile-garlic sauce (if using), and 1/2 cup water in small bowl. Set aside.
2. Heat vegetable oil in wok over high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, cashews, and ginger, and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes, or until onion and cashews begin to brown. Add snap peas, and stir-fry 1 minute. Add snow peas and green onions, and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes more. Add soy sauce mixture, and cook 1 to 2 minutes more, or until sauce has thickened and vegetables are coated with sauce.