7 Tips to DO Collaboration Kitchen Right!
Collaboration Kitchen, Where It’s At
Donate to a different charity (usually an under-funded well-deserved cause) all while doing something you would enjoy anyway! If you are looking for a great way to END the weekend, check out private chef, Jenn Felmley at this months Sunday Collaboration Kitchen! Unlike your average food event, Collaboration Kitchen takes you into the belly of the beast right smack dab in the middle of a working wholesale seafood distribution warehouse. Catalina Offshore Products is a leading supplier of the freshest and most responsibly sourced seafood you will find and they are based right here in San Diego!
This is a great opportunity to not only really see and experience a first stop on the seafood route to your plate but also to enjoy some great food and friends. The set up is pretty cool. In the middle of this seafood warehouse, the folks from Collaboration Kitchen line up the chairs like a classroom in front of a stage with large monitors on the side. On stage, a chef (this month it’s Jenn Felmley) demonstrates how to prepare a bevy of dishes… 5-6 usually. During this time, Chief Fishmonger, Tommy Gomes talks about the seafood being used by the chef and answers questions from the crowd about anything under the sun 😉 but mainly fish related. HERE… You can buy your tickets & view the menu from EVENTBRITE right here! I and my little fork will see you there!
My 7 Tips for newbies…
- YOU WILL EAT! So don’t arrive full
- It’s super chill & casual. Cute flats are a must and I suggest pants. (Easier to manage when you are trying to eat tasty bites & drink your wine)
- BYO…B, W? So bring a little insulated bag / cooler and put in a couple of beers, a bottle of wine and your red solo cups (or plastic wine “glasses”)
- Bring a cloth napkin for your lap. Have one of those plates with a wine glass cut out? BRING IT!
- Bring your LOVE OF SEAFOOD & LOVE OF COOKING.
- Be inquisitive. This is your chance! Want to know about your seafood? This is where you will get a straight answer. (Ask Tommy the Fishmonger about scallops you buy at the grocery store… You will be astonished!)
- Leave little Johnny & Jane at home with their favorite babysitter. They will have loads more fun than at this event.
Details for the NEXT Collaboration Kitchen:
SUNDAY AUGUST 24th – 5PM
TIX: $50 for 1 or $90 for 2 (I love a good 10% discount!)Catalina Offshore Products
5202 Lovelock St.
San Diego, CA 92110
If you want to keep track of who is cooking things up at each Collaboration Kitchen, check out their Facebook Page.
Here are a few Pictures from the one I went to with Sam (Zien), the Cooking Guy!