8 Ways to Participate in National Volunteer Month
April is National Volunteer Month and we are in our last week. Put aside some time to give back to your community. You may just acquire a spark of inspiration by the compassion and fun that can be had by selfless action.
Need some help finding a place to lend a hand? You are in luck! We are making it easy on you!
Here’s your short list:
- Visit Kids Korps USA – over 1500 charities and 3500 projects per year are added to their calendar for kids 5 yrs. old to 25 yrs. old
- Do a search on Volunteer Match
Hit up your local charity close to your hearts! They always need help.
- United Cerebral Palsy of San Diego
- Mama’s Kitchen – Providing nutrition and compassion to the men, women and children of San Diego who are affected by HIV Symptomatic/AIDS or cancer.
- San Diego Zoo – Who doesn’t LOVE the Zoo? They have some GREAT opportunities for volunteering.
- Helen Woodward Animal Center – Love animals but the zoo seems a bit overwhelming? Not to worry. Helen Woodward LOVES people who love animals.
- Art Lover? San Diego Museum of Art is a wondrous place to start if you want to get lost in the whims of imagination of others
- Get your toes in the sand! Surfrider Foundation has been fighting hard to keep San Diego’s infamous coastline clean and you can help.
There are MANY more organizations to choose from. If none on THIS list fit your passion, FIND ONE and let us know which you have chosen in the comments.